[linux-lvm] booting from an LV

Joep Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Wed May 24 19:41:28 UTC 2006

Francis SOUYRI wrote:

> If you need to boot from a logical partition you can use lilo.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Francis
>
> Joep Blom wrote:
>
>> Luca Berra wrote:

>>> No.
>>>
>>> L.
>>>
>> Thanks
>> Joep

Francis,
Thanks. I've read that. But after 7 or 8 years using LILO with all the
problems around it, I switched 2 years ago to grub and decided to stick
to it. So my solution is to make a small (100 Mb) primary partition for
grub and do the rest with LVM as I have discovered the ease and
advantage of it after years of struggling with fdisk (DOS, W98, Linux)
and with the ntfsprogs suite it's easy to create XP partitions in an LV
for backups.
Joep