[linux-lvm] How to restore a PV ??

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Fri Nov 17 13:44:35 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 11:06:58PM +0000, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 06:00:03PM -0500, Brian McCullough wrote:
> >   Internal error: PV segments corrupted in vg_system.
>
> First update your lvm2 software to avoid that bug: you shouldn't
> see internal errors!

OK, as mentioned in previous messages, I have updated to the most recent
versions found on the FTP site ( lvm2 and dm ), but I am still getting
the same internal error being reported.  Do I need to do something with
the kernel?  I am running 2.6.17 on an AMD X86_64.

Is there somewhere in the LVM code that I could look for where this
internal error is being generated, so that I could perhaps dump the data
structures?

Thank you,
Brian