Re: [linux-lvm] Using LVM snapshots for hourly backups

Sounds like it's not available in LVM but I achieve simmilar results with rsync. Take a look at this for some pointers.

http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/

Nick

Jonathan E Brassow wrote:
I think everyone feels the same way about the current snapshot implementation, and there is growing momentum for change. See "*[dm-devel] [RFC] DM Snapshot scalability - Common snap store approach*" (Oct 9th on dm-devel).

Certainly, any changes will take a while though.

brassow