[linux-lvm] Linux LVM Physical Layout Structure

HI,
I have a query about the physical layout of the LVM. Using some hexeditor i tried to find out the VGDA structure. But i am not getting any specific structure at starting of PV.
As The Volume Group Descriptor Area (VGDA) functions similar to the partition table for LVM. It is stored at the beginning at the beginning of each physical volume.

Earlier i worked on HP-UX LVM and i read that i impementation of LVM is similar in both.

I want to get the information of the PE map and if i extend some LV and create 2-3 segments then how i will be able to know the PE chain.

I got some structure on HDD that contain some ASCII values as the output of #lvdisplay ot vgdisplay

Please give some guidance to find the internal layout of LVM on HDD.

Thanks in Advance