[linux-lvm] LVM2 Snapshots Question

Hi,
  I had a question regarding LVM2 snapshots.  I read the following about snapshots (taken from
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/snapshotintro.html):

"This facility does require that the snapshot be made at a time when the data on the logical volume is in a consistent state - the VFS-lock patch for LVM1 makes sure that some filesystems do this automatically when a snapshot is created, and many of the filesystems in the 2.6 kernel do this automatically when a snapshot is created without patching."

Does this mean that I don't have to unmount (or remount ro) a partition if I'm using a 2.6 kernel to take a snapshot and I can rest assured that the logical volume will be in a consistent state?  Thanks for your help.