Re: [linux-lvm] Mirror resync direction

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 09:17:38PM +0100, Paul LeoNerd Evans wrote:
> testing (2.02.06-3). I use it to set up a VG containing two

> Is this a bug in the LVM2 tools, or the dm-mirror target, or what? Is it
> perhaps a limitation of --corelog; in which case, how can I protect
> against that?

Firstly, this is work in progress, so you should be using newer
tools.  Secondly, with newer tools you should follow a different
procedure: use vgreduce --removemissing (carefully) to remove the
lost device, add the replacement disk to the VG in the normal
way, then use lvconvert to turn the LV back into a mirror.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com