[linux-lvm] resize an lvm partition

OK I have a FC5 install on a full primary lym( not extended partition). I would ike to resize this(/dev/hda2) to shrink a little to install something else. Whats the best way to resize an lvm partition. Also my filesystem says unknow filesystem type. I tried using parted and GParted but none of these worked.

partition filesystem size used unused flags
/dev/hda1 ext3 101.35MB 44.97MB 56.98MB boot
/dev/hda2 unknown 74.43GB --- --- lvm

any help appreciated.

Thanks.