[linux-lvm] Re: resize an lvm partition

Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
OK I have a FC5 install on a full primary lym( not extended partition). I would ike to resize this(/dev/hda2) to shrink a little to install something else. Whats the best way to resize an lvm partition. Also my filesystem says unknow filesystem type. I tried using parted and GParted but none of these worked.

partition filesystem size used unused flags
/dev/hda1 ext3 101.35MB 44.97MB 56.98MB boot
/dev/hda2 unknown 74.43GB --- --- lvm

I did just this task last month, and posted how I did it:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2006-August/msg00081.html