[linux-lvm] LVM on RAID

We have several RAID devices (16-24 drive Fiber/SCSI attached RAID) which are currently single devices on our 64bit linux servers (RHEL-4, core5). We are considering LVM'ing 2 or more of the RAID's into a LVM group. I don't doubt the reliability and robustness of LVM2 on single drives, but I worry about it on top of RAID devices.

Does anyone have any experience with LVM on to of RAID volumes, positive or negative?

Thanks,

Alex