Re: [linux-lvm] LVM on RAID

--On September 19, 2006 4:53:58 PM -0500 Alexander Lazarevich <alazarev itg uiuc edu> wrote:

We have several RAID devices (16-24 drive Fiber/SCSI attached RAID) which
are currently single devices on our 64bit linux servers (RHEL-4, core5).
We are considering LVM'ing 2 or more of the RAID's into a LVM group. I
don't doubt the reliability and robustness of LVM2 on single drives, but
I worry about it on top of RAID devices.

Does anyone have any experience with LVM on to of RAID volumes, positive
or negative?

This is nearly the exact scenario we use. Works great. LVM is indifferent to the backend block device.