[linux-lvm] LV remains open after setup

Hi,

I have a problem with LVs remaining open after I unmount them.

vm_foo_hda1            vg-sda -wi-ao   4.00G

but:

/home/# cat /proc/mounts
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
/dev2/root2 / ext3 rw,data=ordered 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
/dev2/root2 /dev/.static/dev ext3 rw,data=ordered 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0

The creation of the LV is done from a script which creates the LV, formats it as ext3, mounts it fills it with data, unmounts it. The script than fails because we want to extend or reduce the LV if necessary and that cannot be done on an 'open' lv. The thing we do now is rename the LV and try again with an other pass of the script. The 'old' one that remained open is removed after a next reboot, which as of yet seems the only option to get it closed again. I have no place to start debugging, nog logs no debug info, nothing that is of any informational value. Can anyone please help me figure out what is going on? How am I going to find out what is keeping the LV open, or why LVM is wrongly thinking it is...

Thanks in advance,
Marius Karthaus
LowVoice