[linux-lvm] Examining a snapshot

Hi all,

I have a backup strategy in place where I use snapshots to determine
the difference between yesterday and today. I then copy those blocks
that have changed to a target machine and apply the difference to a
remote copy of the entire block device.

Currently this involves doing a complete comparison between a logical
volume and its snapshot to find the blocks that have changed. I know
that internally, LVM already has the information about which blocks
have been altered -- these are what are stored in the snapshot after
all.

Is it possible for me to get that information somehow? Some pointers
getting me started on this would be of great help to me -- especially
if theres a simple way to do so already in place before I go delving
into source code etc...

Thanks

Nick