[linux-lvm] Limitation: Snapshots does not work in cluster enviroment ?

Daniel Schwager daniel.schwager at dtnet.de
Sun Apr 15 07:31:27 UTC 2007

Alasdair G Kergon schrieb:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 05:44:49PM +0200, Daniel Schwager wrote:
>
>> So, thank you very much for your detailed explanation. Would
>> an implementaion change on "dmsetup" also solve the "Limitation of 32
>> snapshots" ?
>>

> Yes - that is a in-use per-machine limitation, and you'd only
> be using one snapshot on each machine.

Do RH or the community want in integrate the changes in dmsetup - is
there maybe a timeline for this ?
My task is to take n (e.g. n=5)  identical snapshot(snap1-5.LV)  from a
xen-image (base.LV) and run
5 Xen-VM's (based on snap1-5.LV) on 5 different XEN-Server (phy.HW).

If this could not done with CLVM2, i have to change the concept to use
GFS/OCFS2.

regards

Danny