Re: [linux-lvm] Best practice: metadata backup

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:

> > When grub supports LVM, and the entire disk is LVM (no partition table),
> > how will backups be made?
>
> Just like any other file backups - tape, CD, internet: you choose!

I meant metadata backups.  AIX keeps a copy on each physical volume
(using quorum to ensure a majority of the copies agree).  I was wondering
how linux LVM would handle metadata backup on an all LVM system.  Seems
like you would still need a small non LVM filesystem just for that.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>