[linux-lvm] Re: [dm-devel] Re: LVM on dmraid breakage

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 01:27:34PM -0400, Phillip Susi wrote:
> Why would it open the other devices?  LVM does not scan /dev/mapper/*,
> only /dev/sd*.

Upstream lvm2 has done for a long time (since 2.02.00 with quite a few
fixes and tweaks after that, and one known problem still outstanding).
I can't speak for any customisation done in ubuntu or on the machine
with the problem - hence my request for full version and configuration
information.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com