[linux-lvm] Some questions on "Mirrors cannot be resized while active yet"

Jun'ichi Nomura j-nomura at ce.jp.nec.com
Mon Aug 13 18:10:46 UTC 2007

Jonathan Brassow wrote:
> I don't remember all the reasons, but I *think* two of them were:
> 1) 186304 - potential to spoil redundancy
> 2) cluster mirroring needed ability to hold to identical logs for a
> short period

Maybe not a reason why it's disabled, but I think kernel code
needs to change to allow LVM mirror resizing.

LVM2 uses 'noflush' option for suspending mirror maps.

OTOH, currently you need full (flushing) suspend to resize device.
http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/1/19/136

Thanks,
--
Jun'ichi Nomura, NEC Corporation of America