[linux-lvm] growing snapshots beyond original lv size

Hello,
I'd like to ask a question regarding snapshots.
My scenario:
I have LV with some data, ie 2GB size.
Then I create it's snapshot, also 2GB size.
Is it possible to enlarge snapshot to ie 4GB to get 4GB of usable capacity? If I try to resize it using lvextend, lvdisplay then says that COW-table size is 4GB, but LV size is still 2GB (and the device is really only 2GB large).
So my question is:
is it possible to enlarge snapshots this way? if yes, what am I doing wrong??

thanks a lot for any advice

with best regards

Nikola Ciprich