[linux-lvm] recovering data off of unavailable logical volume

I have a disk that used to contain a valid physical volume (pv), volume
group (vg),
and 3 logical volumes (lv). The disk is intact, but cannot be started by
lvm.

Is there a way (via 'dd' or some other fashion) to copy the data off of
this disk
and on to another volume such that I can recover the files?

I have other disks available, but don't know how to get the data off in
a form that
I will be able to read later.

Thanks for your help,

--dave;