Re: [linux-lvm] Resize LVM2 partition under VMware

Now I try to extend my volume using lvextend command:

[root devcentos5 ~]# lvextend -L+10G /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 Extending logical volume LogVol00 to 27.94 GB
  Insufficient free space: 320 extents needed, but only 0 available

I tried system-config-lvm utility, but there is no unallocated space to use.

How can I get the additional 10G that I added to the /dev/sda2 partition?

You missed "pvresize /dev/sda2". If the physical volume has changed size the pvresize command will resize the physical volume and therefore the volume group its within. If you were to run "vgdisplay VolGroup00" does it show the Free PE/Size that you expect?

--Dave