[linux-lvm] won't dual boot: 2 disks and LVM

pham_cuong at emc.com pham_cuong at emc.com
Wed Dec 19 14:33:00 UTC 2007

 Instead of discussing back and forth w/o real data to discuss/explore with concrete evidences, could you:

A. Post the content of both the grub.conf and boot.ini files
B. Tell us the physical position of each of the drive, and
C. The current BIOS setting
D. Any observed behavior with the settings stated in A,B, and C.

I presume (please make appropriate correction as needed), based on the email trails, that the "current config that failed" is:

E.  Primary drive contains Fedorea.
F.  Slave drive contains XP.
G.  Upon POST, Fedora boot loader comes up first, if you make the selection to boot to Fedora, then Fedora boot up w/o problem.
H.  However, if you were to make the selection to boot to XP, then XP started, but hung.  If so, let us know what transpired (what the last thing that passed, what the last thing that failed

I.  I need to know whether the failure is caused by the Fedora boot loader or the XP boot loader.  At this time, I can not ascertain which one is the culprit.  If E,F,G,H are correct, then boot.ini along with all the necessary hidden system files must be scrutized to ensure that they exists, that they are good (integrity check), and that the config is set correctly.

Thanks.