[linux-lvm] replacing a failling disk on a mirrred VG.

Jonathan E Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Tue Feb 6 13:40:03 UTC 2007

This one should be pretty easy...

Effectively, you want to keep the primary mirror devices, so do:
lvconvert -m0 <vg/lv>
to down convert them to linear devices.

Then remove PV1 (vgreduce), add a new disk to your system, add it to
your vg (vgextend), and finally, up-convert the linear devices to
mirrors again:
lvconvert -m1 <vg/lv>

  brassow