Re: [linux-lvm] CLVM Questions

On Feb 8, 2007, at 2:53 AM, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean here. You either have a cluster or you don't.
Yes.

If you have clvm on one node on a cluster then it needs to be on ALL nodes of
the cluster - you can't have an isolated node that is also part of the CMAN
cluster.
I had kind of figured this out.

If what you mean is "can I have a non-clustered Volume Group alongside cluster
volume groups", then the answer is "yes". There is a flag on the VG that
indicates whether it is clustered or not. activated with vgchange -cy,
deactivated with vgchange -cn. You can't mark individual LVs within a VG as
clustered/non-clustered though. That wouldn't make sense.
Well, I think I have a bug to report.  When I create a vg and mark it as not clustered, I get locking errors when working with its LVs.

--
Jayson Vantuyl
Systems Architect