Re: [linux-lvm] vgdisplay - checksum error - what does it mean?

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 04:23:33PM +0100, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
Recently, I used "vgdisplay", and noticed that it gives a "checksum error":

# vgdisplay
  /dev/sda2: Checksum error

Should I be scared? What does it mean? What should I do about it? I wouldn't like to loose the data.

If it helps, my setup looks like that:

HDD1-sda2-\
HDD2-sdb2-|__RAID-10--LVM-2
HDD3-sdc2-|
HDD4-sdd2-/

I'm running 2.6.17.8 kernel.

So this basically means, that LVM was set up on /dev/sda2 some time ago, but it was never removed from there - instead, RAID-10 was set up on that partition?

I don't think so. if sda2 is part of a raid10 md array probably the
beginning sector of the md device maps to the beginning sector of the
real device, hence lvm will find an lvm signature on /dev/sda2.

Should I do something to fix the things? What?
yes, re-enable md_component_detection in lvm.conf, why did you disable
that?

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it