[linux-lvm] Grub/LVM boot problem

John Koshi jkoshi at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 21:10:54 UTC 2007

Matt,

Thanks for your feedback.

The Error 16 is from grub: "Inconsistent filesystem structure".
I assumed grub was complaining about the initrd image, but not
sure of this now.

I should be able to do an fsck on the Linux partitions from the
Linux rescue CD. I can see all my directories and files when
mounted in rescue mode.

I did try "root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00", and "root=/LABEL=/",
in place of "root=/dev/hda4" on the "kernel" line, but got the
same result.

Acronis works almost like dd, and can do a verbatim copy of a
disk. I looked into everything else, before I went with this.

regards,
John