Re: [linux-lvm] LVM - History

On 2/20/07, k <shikam yahoo com> wrote:
History of LVM

I am researching about LVM, and looking for historical
data, such as; how did it get started, who was
involved, information about the functionality of the
first release ( Was it supporting raid, Size
restrictions, etc…), and any other historical data.

I appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Thanks!
Shi kam

A key point was 3 years ago when Redhat bought Sistina.

See http://www.open-mag.com/features/Vol_90/Sistina/Sistina.htm.

Also see http://lwn.net/2000/0224/kernel.php3 for when it first got
into the vanilla kernel.

Greg