[linux-lvm] LVM - History

k shikam at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 08:40:25 UTC 2007

Thaks for your help; my goal is to document LVM, from
an architecture, and source code point of views:
-The architecture will probably go back to 70’s or
early 80’s.
-The Source code will start from when LVM, started to
exist as an open source product (1998??) , and the
product that inspired the first release.

Do you know if IBM licensed, LVM to HP, and also
released it to the open source for linux developments?

Did Linux (Sistina) LVM derived from the IBM's LVM? Is
HP's LVM also drived from IBM's LVM?

Regards
Shikam