Re: [linux-lvm] LVM - History

On 2/25/07, k <shikam yahoo com> wrote:
>>i don't believe IBM ever released their lvm as
open-source.

Luca,
This is where I got the idea about IBM and LVM
releases..

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/1848/1/
"On the other hand, IBM has released the source code
to its Journaled File System (JFS) and Logical Volume
Manager (LVM) from the AIX operating system so that
these technologies can be deployed on Linux. The
company has not publicly stated which other products,
if any, will be released as Open Source code in the
near future. All of the kernel and GNU C changes,
however, are released as Open Source."

I'm pretty sure IBM's opensourced lvm is named EVMS in the Linux world.

I don't know which became available first for linux: Sistina LVM vs.
IBMs Opensourced EVMS

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer