[linux-lvm] partition resizing

Hello,

I have to resize two partitions of one of our servers. As I've always used LVM for personal usage until now, I want to be sure that I will not make any mistakes.

We have an hardware RAID 5 array with LVM2 on top. The OS is Linux of course (Debian) with a 2.6.15 kernel.

Here is the current situation :

/dev/mapper/vg0-home on /home type ext3 (rw)
/dev/mapper/vg0-srv on /srv type ext3 (rw)
/dev/mapper/vg0-tmp on /tmp type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev)
/dev/mapper/vg0-var on /var type ext3 (rw)

What I want to do is to reduce /home from 50G and extend /srv of 50G.
Are the following operations safe for this ? :

#> umount /srv
#> umount /home
#> resize2fs /dev/mapper/vg0-home 50G
#> lvreduce -L-50G /dev/mapper/vg0-home
#> lvextend -L+50G /dev/mapper/vg0-srv
#> resize2fs /dev/mapper/vg0-srv
#> mount /home
#> mount /srv

Another question I wondered is : what's the difference between lvreduce/lvextend and lvresize ?

In advance thanks,
Julien

--
Julien Cigar