Re: [linux-lvm] Should I expect snapshot origin LV's to be 10x slower?

Alex Owen wrote:

I have been using commands of the form:
  time dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/volgroup/test bs=1M count=100
to get speeds for copying to a LVM device both WITH and WITHOUT a
single snapshot.

It seems that writes take >=10 times longer the first time a newly
snapshot origin device is written to.

You may want to try the kernel patch posted here:
http://marc.info/?l=dm-devel&m=118056593528910&w=1

That change gave me a significant speedup in similar tests.

Kevin