[linux-lvm] recover one LVM disk without the other

Hi recently we had a FC4 system with 2 disks go down do to disk failure. I replaced the bad drive, and installed Ubuntu 7 on the new drive with out the old drive. Unknown to us, FC4 was apparently using a LVM. I try to mount the remaining FC4 drive but get the mount error:

burlen terra:~$ sudo mount /dev/sdb2 /mount_hd/
mount: unknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'

How can I recover this drive? Really all I need to do is mount it and recover some data then we can repartion/ format it as well.

Burlen