[linux-lvm] LVM2 Problem Can t resize locked LV lv

Christian bernth at esh.jku.at
Wed Oct 31 11:12:37 UTC 2007

just got the solution over irc.
i post it in case anyone else encounters this strange behaviour.

i need to mention first that pvmove was not running (checked using lvs
-a), so this is kind of a stange behaviour.

to fix the "locked" error, you first need to deactivate your lv
# lvchange -an /dev/vg/lv
then edit your vg backup (/etc/lvm/backup/vg) and remove "LOCKED" in the
lv status line.
after that do
# vgcfgrestore vg
# lvchange -ay /dev/vg/lv

when doing lvreduce now, everything should work properly.

big thanks to the guys on #lvm.

cheers
christian