Re: [linux-lvm] pvmove hung on 2.6.22 (ubuntu gutsy)

2007/9/1, Hannes Dorbath <light theendofthetunnel de>:
> noah wrote:
> > Pvmove hung and now all commands that access the filesystem hang too,
> > possibly in uninterruptible sleep.
> > Is this a bug or did I do something forbidden, somehow? ;)
>
> To my knowledge pvmove is broken on 2.6.22. I'd go back to 2.6.21 until
> there is a fix. Maybe there is already a fix, I haven't followed it.

Thanks for a quick reply.
Has this problem been documented elsewhere?
Just curious what the problem is and whether anybody is working on a fix.

While looking through Ubuntu's bug database a found others who had
been countering problems with pvmove; something related to
device-mapper.
Is the problem I stumbled upon a different one?

  -- noah