Re: [linux-lvm] Question on duplicating equally-sized HDs with dd and changing VG name and PV UUIDs

Hi to everybody,

ok, if running pvcreate is necessary, what tool can I use for generating
my own UUID (for passing them to the --uuid cmd line switch of pvcreate)
just in case the PV previously belonged to a different VG?

TIA.

Greetings,

	Holger