[linux-lvm] is it possible to move lvm2 logvols?

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Tue Sep 11 22:42:06 UTC 2007

hi,
hi we've got a server with a lvm2 pv with a dozen of logvol in it. under
the lvm we'd like to create a raid1 array on 2 disk. unfortunately we
create raid0 under it. but the logvols contains a lots of important
data. we'd like to
- put 2 new disks into the system,
- create the raid1 array on it,
- put a new volgroup over the raid1,
- create the same size logvols in the new volgroup,
- and move the old logvols to the new logvols, but how can i do that?
everything is ok, except the last step. is there any easy way to do the
last step? can i use vgexport and vgimport for this? or can i use a
simple dd for it? or?
thank you for your help in advance.