RE: [linux-lvm] Q: Online resizing ext3 FS

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Hiren Joshi wrote:

> Has anyone of you been using ext2online to resize (large) ext3
> filesystems?
> I have to do it going from 500GB to 1TB on a productive system I was
> wondering if you have some horror/success stories.
> I'm using RHEL4/U4 (kernel 2.6.9) on this system.

This brings up an LVM related question I've had.  Can I do this:

  1) take snapshot of 500GB LV
  2) resize source LV to 1TB
  3) run ext2online
  4a) resize succeeds - remove shapshot
  4b) resize fails horribly - copy shapshot to LV and restart
    4b.1) is there a way to "revert" the source LV to the snapshot?
    	(without allocating snapshot as big as source LV)

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>