Re: [linux-lvm] Q: Online resizing ext3 FS

Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
This brings up an LVM related question I've had.  Can I do this:

  1) take snapshot of 500GB LV
  2) resize source LV to 1TB

I think this is the step that will break. iirc you can't resize a lv with a snapshot attached.

  3) run ext2online
  4a) resize succeeds - remove shapshot
  4b) resize fails horribly - copy shapshot to LV and restart
    4b.1) is there a way to "revert" the source LV to the snapshot?
    	(without allocating snapshot as big as source LV)

-r