Re: [linux-lvm] Q: Online resizing ext3 FS

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo wpkg org> writes:

Chris Osicki schrieb:
Hi

I apologize in advance for asking a question not really appropriate
for this mailing list, but I couldn't find a better place with lots of
people managing lots of disk space.

The question:
Has anyone of you been using ext2online to resize (large) ext3 filesystems?
I have to do it going from 500GB to 1TB on a productive system I was
wondering if you have some horror/success stories.
I'm using RHEL4/U4 (kernel 2.6.9) on this system.

That kernel seems to be a bit old. Better upgrade first.

You don't upgrade when using the stable releases... that's the whole idea, you don't have to worry about a new versions of anything, the bugs and security issues are backported, but the version stays the same. Highly desirable for "must work" systems, no so nice for doing cutting edge stuff using nice features you don't have. :-(

--
bill davidsen <davidsen tmr com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc