[linux-lvm] LVM Overhead

Hi,
I am wanting to use LVM behind an iet iscsi target and I am wondering how much overhead if any does LVM add? Would the performance degrade any, currently I am exporting full unpartitioned discs and am happy with the performance. From what I am reading now, I would likely partition the physical discs and use that in LVM then export a volume.

I am new to LVM but see some advantages long term to using it!

Thanks!
jlc