Re: [linux-lvm] LVM Overhead

Chris Cox schrieb:

(...)

LVMS=$(/bin/ls /dev/$HOSTNAME/)

for LVM in $LVMS
    do
        blockdev --setra 16384 /dev/$HOSTNAME/$LVM
    done

Hmmm, perhaps for iSCSI.  But using fibre SAN, I saturate my
2Gbps link (almost 200MB/sec).

I check my local drives, they all use the default 1024....
Is setting the read ahead that big of a deal with just LVM?
I would think if it's an issue, it's an issue everywhere.

For me, the default was 256.

I use that big readahead after a bit of benchmarking; perhaps it's very specific to my setup.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org