[linux-lvm] LVM Overhead

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Sep 26 16:59:28 UTC 2007

Thank you Chris!
jlc

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-lvm-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:linux-lvm-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Chris Cox
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:11 AM
To: LVM general discussion and development
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] LVM Overhead

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> Thanks guys!
> You'll have to bear with me here, but how and where do I run the commands you noted here to set this value?

I'd probably create an init script and have it executed for a given
runlevel after the mounts are done.

Some distros have a mechanism to add "user" things to end of
the init process, but if not, just grab an init script and
mod it to do the blockdev commands you need (you could make
it smart so that it does some sort of checking for valid
names, etc.)