[linux-lvm] lvm on a share environnement (SAN inside)

Hi,
I recently install a SAN at my work. One lun is used for XEN and can be used by two xen server. For more flexibility I use lvm on this lun. I was very happy of the result, unless I discover (during a conversation with a friend) that lvm metadata can be compromised if the two server simulty modify metadata.
- So what can I do?
- Is it possible to allow LVM metadata modification by only one server?
- should I use clvm instead?
- Is it possible to migrate lvm to clvm without any data lost?

thank's for your help

regards,

ps: sorry for my poor english