[linux-lvm] Lvm backup/restore

Anders.Strandberg at tietoenator.com Anders.Strandberg at tietoenator.com
Fri Apr 18 14:29:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have scenario where I have defined a PV and a VG covering a whole
physical disk. I have defined two logical volumes in this VG and used
them for installing Xen guest domains. Due to some initial problems I
need to start over again, which means a I have to scratch the whole disk
to erase all partition information and create  new PV,VG and LV:s.  I
would like to be able to restore the data from the LV:s to the new disk
and run the Xen guests as before.

Is there a way of backing up the LV:s and restore them to the disk
without losing any information?

Thanks,
Anders