Re: [linux-lvm] Adding PVs to a group

On 4/20/2008, Ross Boylan (ross biostat ucsf edu) wrote:
vgextend vg2 /dev/sdb2, then

lvextend -L+100G /dev/vg2/var, then

resize_reiserfs -f /dev/vg2/var

In your first example you umount'd before resizing. In this example you don't. reiser doesn't require taking the volume offline before resizing, so I don't think you need umount in any case.

Right... although, if I'm not mistaken, you do have to umount if you are *shrinking*...

And I'm assuming thats what the -f is for when doing it on a live filesystem?

But I prefer to umount anyway... just feels safer to me...

--

Best regards,

Charles