Re: [linux-lvm] Adding PVs to a group

On 4/21/2008, Bryn M. Reeves (bmr redhat com) wrote:
> I had never heard of the %FREE thing though. To fill out a vg I would just check how many extents are available and use that on the command line with -l, remember there are no spaces between -l and the number of extents given.

The %VG, %LV & %FREE suffices were introduced a while back:

Version 2.02.11 - 12th October 2006
===================================
[...]
  Add %VG, %LV and %FREE suffices to lvcreate/lvresize --extents arg.

Cool... so to confirm, the correct syntax would be:

lvextend -l%FREE /dev/vg2/var

(no space between the 'l' and '%FREE')

?

Thanks again guys...