Re: [linux-lvm] How to move /usr from LVM back to non-LVM?

On 4/28/2008, Georges Giralt (georges giralt free fr) wrote:
But some people will question the reason you will move from LVM to plain filesystem/partitioning....

Good point... and maybe my reason is not a 'good one'... ;)

My thinking is, since /usr is a critical system partition, it should be on the main system drive - which I always set up as a simple 2 drive mirror.

So, I'm now curious how/what other people generally use LVM for?

--

Best regards,

Charles