Re: [linux-lvm] How to move /usr from LVM back to non-LVM?

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, Charles Marcus wrote:

> On 4/28/2008, Georges Giralt (georges giralt free fr) wrote:
> > But some people will question the reason you will move from LVM to
> > plain filesystem/partitioning....
>
> Good point... and maybe my reason is not a 'good one'... ;)
>
> My thinking is, since /usr is a critical system partition, it should be
> on the main system drive - which I always set up as a simple 2 drive mirror.

I made that mistake on one system.

> So, I'm now curious how/what other people generally use LVM for?

And now I regret it because I can't use snapshots to take backups
of the system.  The only drawback to LVM is that initrd is trickier.
And a good LiveCD makes it possible to recover from boot problems -
even remotely.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>