[linux-lvm] F7 will not boot after running backup w/snapshot

Larry Dickson ldickson at cuttedge.com
Wed Apr 30 15:09:19 UTC 2008

Gerry, for the benefit of the rest of us who are depending on snapshot -

Was there much writing and/or reading going on between the time your backup
was made, and the time of the hang?

I know that snapshot works by putting an extra load on every write to the
origin volume. Is there any reason, known to knowledgeable LVM designers on
this list, why this should lead to "hundreds of errors" when a system hang
takes place? I assume stuff got caught in a half-committed state, but
_hundreds_... ???

Thanks,

Larry