[linux-lvm] F7 will not boot after running backup w/snapshot

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed Apr 30 18:19:45 UTC 2008

Just to finish documenting the recovery from the corruption:

I was able to fully restore the root logvol and then I rebooted the
system.  The system came up fine without having to make any special
adjustments to LVM metadata.  It figured it out.  The only thing I
noticed was a blizzard of SELinux avc denials.  So I ran a relabel and
that seemed to cure those.  I did a 'cat /etc/lvm/backup/VolGroup00' and
took a look at what was in there.  It was in the state that included the
snapshot0 and my snapshot logvol.  I then did a vgdisplay -v and LVM
rewrote the meta backup and when I checked it again the snapshot0 and my
snapshot were gone.  So the system appears to be recovered and working
again.

Gerry