Re: [linux-lvm] F7 will not boot after running backup w/snapshot

Just to finish documenting the recovery from the corruption:

I was able to fully restore the root logvol and then I rebooted the system. The system came up fine without having to make any special adjustments to LVM metadata. It figured it out. The only thing I noticed was a blizzard of SELinux avc denials. So I ran a relabel and that seemed to cure those. I did a 'cat /etc/lvm/backup/VolGroup00' and took a look at what was in there. It was in the state that included the snapshot0 and my snapshot logvol. I then did a vgdisplay -v and LVM rewrote the meta backup and when I checked it again the snapshot0 and my snapshot were gone. So the system appears to be recovered and working again.

Gerry