[linux-lvm] F7 will not boot after running backup w/snapshot

Wed Apr 30 18:28:45 UTC 2008

On 4/30/2008 1:23 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
> My concern is that there is a bug somewhere in the snapshot
> mechanism. I've seen other people report what they said were
> corruption problems resulting from snapshots.

This is quite scary to someone like me who is new to LVM and using
snapshots for backups (whether automated or not)...

I'd really like to hear from some of the devs on this, and what they
think may have caused it...

Incidentally... this is the first time I've heard of someone using a
Ramdisk as the snapshot volume... any chance that could have been
involved somehow?

--

Best regards,

Charles