Re: [linux-lvm] metadata too large for circular buffer - any way to increase PV metadatasize?

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 20:41 +0100, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> Unfortunately there is no way to increase this retrospectively.
> Nor have we written tools to manipulate metadata areas yet.
>
> You're right that the best option is to add more PVs.
>
> Roughly:
>
> Create a new PV with a much larger metadata area, add it to the VG,
> then stop using the too-small metadata areas on the old PVs.

Hi Alasdair,

thanks for the advice - very much appreciated.  I'm going to test this
out on a test cluster.  It will buy some time whilst we consider what to
do next (probably pvmove things around and recreate PVs with more
metadata space).

Thanks again,

John.

--